SBS Provides end to end solutions for implementing SAP IS-Utilities solutions for small to large utility districts. Our consultants have deployed highly complex solutions in US, Europe, and Asia. Our ISU Customer Care & Service (CCS) capabilities include consulting services and rapid deployment solutions for Electric, Gas, Water & Waste Management Utilities and encompass the following areas:
• Device Management
• Work Management
• Billing & Invoicing
• Customer Service
• FI-CA Recievables & Payables
Our consultants have deployed complex solutions that meet the industry need. A few recent contributions are:
Business Case:A regulatory law recently passed that allows customers to wheel or move power to match their thermal or steam foot print. Customers can request the ability to generate additional electric generation from their existing Co-Generation engine on one location and use Utility Company’s transmission and distribution electric infrastructure to wheel the power to their other location. To capture the extra power being moved from one station to the other requires a new process to support CCS billing and energy settlement for this thermal wheeling. Where customer will be receive credit on the commodity portion of their bill. Solution has been developed utilizing capabilities in CCS billing and energy settlement system and by using SAP Billing, DM and EDM that supports the new billing arrangement and energy settlement.
- Enable Customers to generate additional electric generation from their existing Co-Generation engine on one location and use Utility Company's electric infrastructure to wheel the power to their other location. Customer will receive credit on the commodity portion of their bill.
- Utility Service provider can offer new tariff to potential C&I customers with co gen facility and multiple point of delivery.
- Easy enablement of deregulated billing – Ready to Bill market with tight process integration with suppliers and distributors of utilities.
Billing Solution for Cross, Fast, Slow and Lost Meter
Business Case: Major pain area of business to handle the processing of lost, cross, or fast meter which are detected after long period. Business wants to settle the delta amount with customer with detailed accounting details and consumption values. Also the business needs to settle the energy with upstream supplier. When the detection of such meters happen after a long period, the standard SAP offered solution makes the business to reconcile would be very cumbersome and involve several manual steps such as ‘cancel rebill’. Also business does not want to cancel a completed billing and would be looking for billing for delta amount and energy settlement for delta energy value only. A solution is built in SAP which fulfills the requirement of business and also accommodates the regulatory rules and audit requirement.
- Automate the process of offering debit/credit back billing by creating manual billing, invoicing and its proper presentation on bill print with all unbundled components applied appropriately for fast meter, slow meter, cross meter and lost meter.
- Provide the ability to post usage and revenue to customers’ accounts outside of the cancel/rebill process to ensure all billing components are appropriately captured in statistical reporting.
- The provided solution is enabling the Utility Company to create debit/credit billing WITHOUT reversing prior period bills with unbundled usage and charges.
- Increase the statistical accuracy with details of unbundled usage and revenue (split accounting). As well reduces the need for issuance of manual arbitrary allowances.
Smart Energy Program:
Implemented electric and gas smart metering technology and associated network and computing infrastructure to address its Smart Energy Program business case to provide an improved experience for their customers. Our client has scheduled the deployment of approximately 2.5 million electric and gas Advanced Metering Infrastructure (“AMI”) endpoints throughout its service territory. Smart meter deployment began in 2012 and is scheduled to conclude in 2019. The Smart Energy Program intends to enable functionality to enhance customers’ experience and obtain operational benefits. Our client’s Smart Meter Program has begun to reap benefits from this broader program in accordance to their Business Case include the following:
• Enhanced Customer Experience
• AMI induced Conservation and EE
• Achieved Operational Benefits
• Managed Load Control
• Managed Demand Response
• Theft Reduction
• CRB Billing End-to End Solution for Electric Distribution Company
Nature of assignment:- Business Process Re-Engineering and Implementation of SAP R/3 and IS- Utilities (Industry Specific Component Utilities/Customer Care & Service, IS-U/CCS).
• IDEx End –to-End Solution for UK and Australia Deregulated Market
Nature of assignment:- Business Process Re-Engineering and Implementation of SAP R/3 and IS- Utilities for Different Market Flows.
• Smart Metering Solution for Gas and Electric Meters
Nature of assignment:- Implementation IS- Utilities AMI 2.0 and AMI 3.0 Solution for Gas and Electric Meters for Different business Process Remote Disconnection Reconnection , Demand Side Management, TOU and DPP Billing
• CRB Billing End-to End Solution for Water Utility
Nature of assignment:- Business Process Re-Engineering and Implementation of IS- Utilities and Integration with PS and PM Modules for Permit Process and CRB Solution.